So, if you live in the Seattle area and haven't yet been to Chocolopolis, then this is the month to go and buy some great chocolate (and maybe find a golden ticket). Throughout the year, Chocolopolis has weekly Thursday evening (5 to 9 p.m.) free happy hour chocolate tastings.
During this third anniversary celebration, they also have many other special events:
- Saturday, July 16th, 1:30 to 4:00 p.m.: chocolatier Christopher Elbow shares samples of his truffles.
- Tuesday, July 19th, 7 p.m.: U.W. professor Kristy Leissle (a.k.a. Dr. Chocolate) talks about slavery in the cacao trade.
- Wednesday, July 20th, 1 p.m.: Chocolopolis chocolatiers demonstrate
- Tuesday, July 26th, 7 p.m.: Kate Selting talks about her experience as a Peace Corps volunteer supporting Panama cacao farming.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 1 p.m.: Chocolopolis chocolatiers demonstrate
- Saturday, July 30th, 3 to 5 p.m.: Rob Anderson, founder of local Washington chocolate maker Fresco, shares samples of his new Venezuelan Chuao.