If you're new to the Seattle area, visiting during the month, or just haven't made it there yet, attending an event that interests you is another reason to go. Chocolopolis also has free Thursday evening (happy hour, 5 to 9 p.m.) themed chocolate tastings nearly every week throughout the year.
Here are some of the special events this year:
- Wednesday, July 2nd, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: truffle-making demonstration from Sebastian and Dominica Falcon of Chocolopolis.
- Tuesday, July 8th, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: meet Nat Bletter of Madre Chocolate and taste chocolate made from cacao grown in Hawaii.
- Thursday, July 10th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: meet Jacques Dahan of Michel Cluizel and taste some French chocolate.
- Saturday, July 12th, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: taste iced drinking chocolate, and check out Queen Anne Days Sidewalk Sale until 5 p.m. There will also be two guided chocolate tasting sessions for children: one at 11 a.m. and one at 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 15th, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: get advice from Lauren Adler of Chocolopolis about how to host a great chocolate tasting party.
- Thursday, July 17th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: be one of the first to taste three new single-origin Chocolopolis chocolate bars at this launch happy hour.
- Tuesday, July 22nd, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.: learn about cacao in Belize as Lauren Adler of Chocolopolis shares photos and stories about traditional Mayan cacao farming and the local Fair Trade cooperative.
- Thursday, July 24th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: compare U.S. crafted chocolate, with a East vs. West (of the Mississippi) tasting.
- Tuesday, July 29th, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Chocolopolis chocolatiers give suggestions about how to avoid chocolate baking and cooking mistakes. Some bulk chocolate will be on sale.
- Thursday, July 31st, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: taste some favorite chocolate bars of the Chocolopolis team.