So, if you live in the Seattle area and haven't yet been to Chocolopolis, then this is the month to go and buy some great chocolate (and maybe find a golden ticket). If you can't make it this month, remember that Chocolopolis has weekly Thursday evening (5 to 9 p.m.) free themed happy hour chocolate tastings that occur year-round.
During this fifth anniversary celebration, they also have many special events:
- Tuesday, July 2nd, all day: 50% off drinking chocolate.
- Saturday, July 6th, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: meet chocolate maker Rob Anderson of Fresco and taste his chocolate for free, including some prototypes in development. First golden ticket bar is on the shelves today!
- Wednesday, July 10th, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: truffle-making demonstration, Kickstarter campaign kickoff, and free samples.
- Thursday, July 11th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: meet Alex Espiritu of Valrhona and taste free samples of their single origin chocolate.
- Saturday, July 13th, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: try free samples of iced drinking chocolate at Chocolopolis table during Queen Anne Days festival. Second golden ticket bar is out!
- Sunday, July 14th, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Bastille Day, so free samples of French chocolate bars from Bonnat, Michel Cluizel, Francois Pralus, and Valrhona, plus videos about their chocolate making techniques.
- Wednesday, July 17th, all day: 50% off truffles made by Chocolopolis.
- Thurday, July 18th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: drinking chocolate demonstration, meet Chocolopolis chocolatiers, and free samples of Chocolopolis products.
- Friday, July 19th: By invitation and reservation only, a tasting of fresh cacao pulp and selected bars. I hope you're an active Chocolopolis Frequent Bar Club member so you're invited to attend this.
- Saturday, July 20th: Third golden ticket bar is on the shelves.
- Monday, July 22nd, all day: 50% off chocolate bars made by Chocolopolis.
- Tuesday, July 23rd: Another by invitation and reservation only event: a guided tasting by Alex Espiritu of Valrhona nibs, cocoa mass, and chocolates.
- Thursday, July 25th, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: meet chocolatier Christopher Elbow and try free samples of his creations.
- Saturday, July 27th, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 5 p.m.: guided chocolate tastings for children.