Prior to NWCF, six judges did a blind tasting of many bars that were sent in advance for judging. Judged awards were given in two categories: Single Origin and Inclusions.
In the judged Single Origin category, the winners were:
- GOLD: Fresco 214 Madagascar
- GOLD: Fresco 219 Papua New Guinea
- SILVER: Pacari Manabi (Ecuador)
- BRONZE: Dandelion Rio Caribe (Venezuela)
In the judged Inclusions (flavored chocolate) category, the winners were:
- GOLD: Lillie Belle Farms The Most Awesome Chocolate Bar Ever
- SILVER: Madre Triple Cacao
- BRONZE: Madécasse Arabica Coffee
They also gave out non-judged Founder's Choice awards, including:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Fran Bigelow of Fran's Chocolates
- Most Outstanding Fine Chocolate Retailer: Lauren Adler's Chocolopolis
- Best Flavor Innovation: Aaron Barthel of Intrigue Chocolates
- Best New Dessert Shop: Autumn Martin's Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery
You can still buy tickets at the door for this weekend ($30 per day) on the third floor of the Conference Center at the Washington State Convention Center.